Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Shopping Feet

On Ryan’s exact birthday, he fetched me from work and accompanied me to Welcare Hospital for my x-ray and sonogram appointments – both of which were procedures required by my new urologist (this is another story). Afterwards, we headed to Dubai Festival City just to hang out after a pretty tight day at work, and have dinner with a couple of pals.

While waiting for our buddies to arrive, we decided to look around the various shops of Dubai’s newest mall. I managed to pick up a few pieces of Dior cosmetics to brighten up my mood after having gone through the hectic day of beating deadlines, completing another one of those ad-hoc lists and subjecting myself to a procedure that made me drink 2 liters of water in just one sitting. Realizing that Marc by Marc Jacobs opened a shop there recently, we made a quick stop-over for a fine piece of contemporary Totally Turnlock Satchel added to my collection, and a cute little gold purse that I've been swooning over since summer started (of course, with the consent of the birthday boy). I was pretty lucky ‘cause they were on sale, so it made the purchase a bit more pocket-friendly.
Feeling all-guilty with my retail therapy shopping spree, I dragged my hubby to the nearby Plug-Ins store to get him a PSP value pack – a complete set of gaming console, a 2 GB memory card, and a free racing game. It's actually my 3rd gift to him, added to the leather wallet and Nike shorts I gave him on the eve of his birthday. He looked contented with his present so the guilt feeling melted away, and he happily opened the pack as soon as we headed to Black Canyon for dinner. He started tinkering with it the moment we placed our orders!


On the evening of the 25th July, two people went home with exuberant smiles! What shopaholics we are!

No comments: