Pages

Friday, August 24, 2007

Change Of Venue

The other day, I posted that ryan & I heading off to Bab Al Shams Desert Resort for a spa treatment during my week-long holiday. But after speaking to Yvonne on the phone the other day, I found out that Fujeirah beach hotels are offering special summer packages so I decided to hold our horses and do a little research. My colleague Kwok also confirmed the same and suggested we check out the summer promos of the newly opened Hotel JAL Fujeirah Resort & Spa and Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort .

In my past visits to Fujeirah, I’ve seen the Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, and even camped overnight right next to the property. I was curious how the kite-shaped building actually looks like inside, and what kind of amenities they offer since it’s become a popular destination here in UAE. So to satisfy my curiosity, I decided cancel our reservations at Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and opt to spend a night instead at Le Meridien in Fujeirah. It was easy to convince Ryan -- their summer offer is only AED 649 ($175) net for a superior room, with free buffet breakfast and dinner at their Views Restaurant. Not bad! Plus, it’s really cheaper than staying in the middle of the desert in a 5-star hotel style of camping.  At least there’s the beach, a huge pool (the biggest, they say, in the UAE) and a fairly large complex to lounge around. The weather's getting better these days so I guess it's safe to come outside & do some outdoor activity from 5:00 pm onwards.

Now what about the spa? Of course they have their own spa facilities to boast, and with the menu of services they have, I’m pretty sure we’ll enjoy our stay there. Good thing they have an available room on the 27th – just in time for our anniversary.

Yay, everything’s set for our little “celebration of love” next week (cheesy me talaga!). Now all I'm missing is a nice gift for hubby. I have to start coming up with a plan. Hmmm…methinks…. :)

No comments: