Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Our New Toy

Last year, hubby and I bought our first camera, a Canon S3IS during the Gitex promotional period. It was a well-thought of investment as the money we used to purchase the camera was from the “advance” monetary gifts we received for our wedding from my colleagues. It's not a DSLR type but good enough to capture beautiful photographs compared to other point and shoot cameras in the market.

Eventually, I realized what good does a spiffy camera do without a competent laptop to keep and tweak the digital photos saved from all the occasions and trips we had over the year? As soon as my new post was made official a month ago, we, err, I decided to splurge a bit and bought a much coveted
Mac Book Pro 15" as a treat to myself (goodness, splurge a bit?!! it’s a $2,500 laptop - come on, who am I kidding?) but Virgin Megastore had a very tempting offer which I couldn’t resist, so what the heck!!!



Anyway, this dazzling thingamajig, which I named “Amanda” (as in Amanda Bynes of Nickelodeon & She’s The Man), is worth every penny spent. Hubby & I couldn’t be happier -- we’ve never seen any machine like it before. Its Aperture program is just astounding...editing pictures has never been so easy! In a snap of a finger, a lousy, overexposed pic can appear so perfect right in front of your eyes.

Of course, this beauty is not only gonna be used as a photo dump. It will also be our notebook where we will store everything important to us and relevant to our journey as husband and wife. Besides, our home badly needs a “his” and “hers” communication station, and having such will help make our home a lot less strained from the squabbling over one PC….LOL!

I just hope I'll have time to learn how to run this baby like a pro! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ang taray gracie ha!
~jowe