Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Vday Story

My dear husband Ryan sent me flowers at work for Vday. A dozen of roses in the loveliest shade of pink I’ve ever seen on earth! I wouldn’t deny that I love receiving flowers so when they arrived at my office, I was completely elated! What made the delivery sweeter was the message that came along with it -- the card read the exact same phrase Ryan used to tell me when we were still in college. Kilig talaga!


He picked me up after work, and since our reservation for dinner was at 7:30 pm, we both decided to have coffee at the Starbucks outlet at the DIFC Balcony Level to pass the time. We just chatted for about an hour, lazily checked out the other outlets nearby after having our drinks, and watched the juggler perform in the Spanish Steps.

When it was time for dinner, we headed to the nearby Shakespeare & Co., a local cafĂ© that has the ambience of a chic early 1900’s French coffee shop. Picture this in your head: granny doilies and French-laced decors that match their wooden antique furniture, with low volume soft music.  

Although the weather was so enticing to dine al fresco, we chose to stay indoors since we wanted to stay away from the smokers. As soon as we got seated, I was handed a long stemmed red rose by the maitre d’, while hubby was given dark chocolates on a small platter.  Hmmm, so valentine-y!
I'd have to say that besides the great ambience, our dining experience was superb! The Shakespeare Co. special and salmon fillet they served totally stuffed our bellies that we no longer had room for dessert after the main course. After our dinner, we headed straight home as we had to pack for the next day’s trip to Al Ain. As a gift to my loving husband, I treated him to a tour of Al Ain, which is located in the eastern region of Abu Dhabi, plus an overnight stay at the Mercure Grand Hotel in Jebel Hafeet.  Hubby was gung-ho about this trip as he’s never been to Jebel Hafeet before.
Kwentos of our trip to Al Ain will be shared in another installment, so hang tight for details of our out of town weekend. 

6 comments:

Aileen Apolo-de Jesus said...

Wow! You're hubby's so sweet! Sana Sweetie ko will stay the same when we're married na! Hehehhe.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Ozzy's Mom said...

sweet naman :)
i love pink roses!

tc

Anonymous said...

buti ka pa, may ka-valentine and may flowers pa! unfortunately, harvs is in iran so malamig ang valentine ko :( pati anniv! huhuhu!

sana dumaan kayo dito on your way to al ain! nag-meet sana tayo :)

Gracie said...

hi chung!

don’t worry my dear, the next time we’re in AUH, talagang dadalawin ka na namin…promise yan! i’ll bring you baked goodies.

i’m sure pagbalik ni Harvs from Iran, marami syang treats & suprises for you to make up for the lost time. at pag meron, syempre dapat ikwento ha! ;-)

Gracie said...

thanks Vannie! to be candid with you, my hubby is not generally sweet, but this is just one of the rare occasions na mas expressive sya, to say the least.

Gracie said...

hi aileen!

thanks for your note :) di masyadong sweet ang hubby ko, but he makes effort from time to time. i guess i'm one lucky girl :)