Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Date With Myself

Hubby was dragged to a photo shoot last Friday at Four Seasons Golf Club as part of his practical training with our photographer friend. Since I had time on my hands, I decided to stop by the mall to shop for some dresses i need for a wedding we’re attending tomorrow, and for my trip next week.

Before I immersed myself into some serious shopping, I thought of buying some books first at Magrudy's. I managed to get three paperbacks, and one of which i started to read while sipping my current fave, Strawberry Banana Smoothie at Caribou Coffee. I paired it with a yummy Blueberry Muffin that was big enough to fill me. I got sidetracked with my plans to shop because I ended up staying in the café a bit longer than I had planned.

Anyway, I was successful in buying the dresses that I had in mind, plus with accessories to boot (successful meaning I got them all without going over the budget!). But what made the day eventful for me was the idea that I finally had my “me time”. I went to every shop I fancied, read a book in quiet corner, looked for some nice dresses without needing to rush – practically did what I used to do when in a mall alone back in the days.
It felt truly liberating!

Sometimes, a girl really needs to reconnect with herself again in order to fight back the stress of everyday pressure. A pause is so much a necessity, and doing something as plain as taking a trip to the mall by myself is by far a welcome treat for me already. I hope there’ll be more days like this because I definitely missed my own company!

12 comments:

Pat said...

wow, how i wish i have more ME time. when i'm at the mall, i'm always rushing.

Anonymous said...

ang sarap naman! :) i'm happy for you at nai-date mo ang iyong sarili. hee hee! it's really ideal to have time for ourselves so we can re-group. i wish you more times like this! mmwah!

Gracie said...

pat - hay, paano pa kaya kung may anak na ‘ko?? i’ve heard that when you have kids, you’ll want to just be with them during your free time (or all the time, even!) sana ikaw rin magkaron ng ‘me-time’ (and sleep!!)…stress reliever sya ha!

Gracie said...

weng – thanks mommymunchkin! actually, i wish every woman of the same. iba pa rin ang may time for oneself. i remember i was actually saying under my breath, ‘thank you, God!’ many times while i was in the bookstore & the coffee shop :)

Big Eyed Gal said...

I couldn't agree with you more. "Me" time helps with my sanity. :-) Glad you had one!

abie said...

this is so true sis...

btw, i have a tag for you:

http://www.womenxplore.com/2008/04/world-wide-link-love.html

http://www.womenxplore.com
http://www.myplanetpurple.com
http://howellabie.blogspot.com
http://princessbela16.blogspot.com

Crinklynose said...

couldn't agree with you more sis. after getting married, sometimes, having a "me" time is more of a luxury than anything else, haha :o)

tc dear!

Anonymous said...

uy, i just had to say that 'the time traveller's wife' is one of my ulitmate favorite books. you didn't go wrong in getting a copy, i promise. :D hi! :D

Gracie said...

valerie - kaka-miss din talaga maging mag-isa minsan, no?

Gracie said...

abie - thanks for the tag, sis! :)

Gracie said...

berns - yes, luxury na talaga ang "me time" when you'er married. kaya siguro it felt real good..hehe!

Gracie said...

meeya - thanks! i'm saving this book next weekend so i have something to read sa plane. the book looks so interesting so i didn't hesitate taking it from the shelf.