Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

The Birthday Present

Wondering what hubby got for me on my birthday?

In this post, I made a subtle indication of what I really wanted to get for my birthday. I thought long and hard – and decided that these two things, apart from good health and a baby soon, should be enough to complete my wishlist: either a one carat diamond solitaire ring or a classy Gucci Princy Hobo large bag in brown.

Knowing my husband, I know that he’ll make sure I’d get them. Not necessarily on the spot but definitely at the right time (read: when he can finally afford it). I know the ring sounds like asking too much but any woman’s free to dream and wish, right? Besides, it’s a good investment, and it won’t really matter if that dream gets fulfilled by end of this year, next year or even 10 years from now. I didn’t say I  want it pronto!

The more realistic option, which is the bag I’ve been eyeing on for quite sometime already, is unfortunately still out of stock. It’s probably a sign that I should wait till someone I know flies to Italy because it’s way cheaper to get Gucci bags there.

So, what did Ryan finally get me?


Yes, my dream point & shoot camera – the Canon Powershot G9.

I’ve been reading a lot about this ultra-fab camera that’s so hot in the market since its release. It got me so curious so on the day we bought our Manfrotto tripod, I had to see and feel it first hand. Golly wow, it looked so darn pretty on my palm! I knew it’d be a wonderful addition to our growing Canon family.

It has so many incredible features I don’t even know where to start! The best spec of it, for me, is its wide angle lens - 7.4-44.4mm f/. At a mere two meters distance, I can take a whole body picture of somebody else (with an average height of 5’6”-5’8”). Totally fitted with my major requirement! And oh, do I even need to mention that this little monster can also capture RAW images? How’s that for a point & shoot, eh?

Thank you so much, honey for this wonderful gift! I love, love, love it!! Today, I’m testing it at a friend’s birthday party we’re attending. For a change, I'll be behind the camera. LOL! :)

4 comments:

Pat said...

gracie!! that's the digicam that I long for too. wow! over the weekend i checked out canon specifically for the G9.

Gracie said...

:) it's sooooo pretty, i promise! whenever i think of it, i feel giddy happy. para akong batang may new toy!! hahaha!!

Gracie said...

:) it's sooooo pretty, i promise! whenever i think of it, i feel giddy happy. para akong batang may new toy!! hahaha!!

julliefer said...

hi gracie! belated happy birthday sis. kelan exactly bday mo? sorry ha, i haven't been bloghopping that much lately. puro takas lang. anyway, nice camera. :) and we're of the same age pala. i guess i'm just older by a few days. ;)