Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Infanticipating Updates

Finally, something about our little one growing in my tummy!

I'm on my 12th week this coming Saturday and so far, so good. My first check up with the OB was on the 22nd December. Proximity wise, we chose to go to Asian Hospital. We checked their website and found an OB who was available to see me that week as most doctors have already gone for their Christmas break. When we went to see the OB, she expressed concerned about the miscarriage I had last September at around 5 weeks so she had me go to PGH for several tests to see whether I have APAS. That was the reason why we had to extend our holiday for another week because the Medical Research Lab of PGH was closed from 22nd Dec and opened last 5th Jan only. Test results were due on the day of our flight so we had to move it a week later to give room for a couple more doctor's visit and another ultrasound.

Thank God the results were normal and I was negative of ANA! We were so relieved especially me. All I ever wanted was for the baby to be safe. When we saw our baby during the second ultrasound, we were ecstatic! Baby was moving from left to right and looked like it was punching something in the air (or more like water). I felt a tear trickle down my cheek when I saw how active baby was at 10 weeks. And the Daddy-to-be was thrilled, as well. After the ultrasound, hubby told me how surreal it felt for him, too. Everything was normal according to the doctor so I was given a go signal to travel (as if I had any other choice).

I am due for my next prenatal check up on the 31st Jan with an OB a pregnant friend recommended to me. By that time, I am done with my first trimester and would probably be showing a bigger baby bump. Icould now feel my belly getting rounder each day. I can still wear my jeans sans the button but with a belly band on top of it. I've begun buying flats and a few maternity clothes while on holiday so that I don't have to worry about shopping for my size while here in Dubai. There are not much choices of preggy clothes here so I bought some pieces that i could wear for work.

Let me leave you with a few pics of our precious little one at 7 weeks and 2 days and at 10 weeks and 3 days:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...with an OB a pregnant friend recommended to me"

HAHAHA! :)

tracypamela said...

Congrats again Gracie! it was such a relief to know that you and your baby are fine =) take care!

Gracie said...

hi gracita,
oo, kilala mo ang friend ko na yun! :)

Gracie said...

thanks, tracy! i hope everything's fine with you and the baby, too. take care dear!

Anonymous said...

gracie, got teary eyed with your post (babaw ako eh). i'm so happy for you, really. i wish you and the baby the best of health!

Gracie said...

thanks, kel! i hope we both get out of the woods safe & sound. ako din mababaw luha...laging naiiyak everytime i have moments with the baby.

Anonymous said...

hi gracie! have a most enjoyable pregnancy, ok?! take care always. mmmwah!

Gracie said...

thanks, weng! i'm loving every minute of it - morning sickness & all. hugs!!

Mich said...

shocks kakatuwa! :)

I'm happy for you Gracie!