Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Mine

Hubby randomly asked me the other day if he had given me a Christmas gift last year. I know, so weird, right?  Thing is, he has this habit of letting me choose & buy what I want -- he just needs to know the price tag first.  He could never surprise me with something because he's always afraid I might not like what he picks out for me. Besides, he's left the "surprise deals" to me as I'm the one good at pulling them off.


I seriously do not know what came over him to ask me about the Christmas pressie. I could only guess that he probably realized that among the 3 of us, I was the only one who did not open any gift on Christmas eve. I sorta wasn't expecting a gift anyway 'cos he just bought me a pair of south sea pearl earrings a couple of weeks before Christmas.  He said that didn't count 'cos that was my long overdue "push gift".  I considered that my cue to find a nice gift for myself.

I know I already have enough bags in my closet, but it wouldn't hurt to wish for another bag to add to my collection. Anyway, the bag I wanted is a practical choice -- not a designer so it's much affordable, and can also double as a weekend Mommy bag. I've been searching high & low for this bag, only to find out that it's just under my nose.

Apparently, Longchamp released the Le Pliage Eiffel Tower bags as part of their S/S 2010 Collection in all their stores worldwide. As soon as I learned of this, I phoned Longchamp in Dubai Mall straight away, and was happy to hear that they still have a handful of stocks. So we trooped to the mall yesterday afternoon and bought this at a price you'll never believe:



Since it will be my weekend bag, I snagged the long/large tote. It was the husband who picked out the color, of course :)

Thank you, habibi! I love it! Mwah!

14 comments:

Shelly said...

very nice! nasa wish list ko 'to =)

Eper said...

Nice gift hubby! :) I just bought my first Longchamp over the weekend too! Mine's the black LM Nylon.

Just curious about the price for the Eiffel coz I'm thinking of getting the blue one next month from an online Multiply seller. How much did you get yours?

Unknown said...

How much is it sis? I like that bag as well. I heard that it's sturdy ;)

Gracie said...

hi Shelly,

it's super bagay for us Moms, and the price is just right. go get one before they run out of stocks na!

Gracie said...

hi eper,

i love it! i got it for more or less P6,500 lang :) mas cheaper yung short handles.

Gracie said...

hi joanne,

more or less P6,500 lang, sis :)

Maver said...

high five! i have this one too only with short handles. longchamp is loovvveee!

special high five to eper for getting the black lm nylon too :D

tracypamela said...

Nice!! and good price ha. I got one in navy with short handle so hindi sya pang mommy bag. Hehe. I wanna get one an LM Nylon too like Eper and may bago sila, yung parang may patches =)

Gracie said...

hi maver,
thanks for the visit! yah, i super love this bag! hopefully i could get another one in short handles naman. the lm looks really lovely.

Gracie said...

hi tracy,
i was surprised when i heard how much it costs -- a lot cheaper than sa Nordstrom. so imagine how much the resellers are earning from selling this bag. btw, the lm is super pretty & tempting :)

Eper said...

WOW super affordable sa Dubai ha! :) They sell the longhandle here for 10k++ and the shorthandle for almost 9k!

Gracie said...

hi eper,
oo nga eh...i'm considering na nga na magbenta dyan. kahit mag-mark up ako ng konti, cheaper pa rin compared to other sellers.

kelly said...

good price! got mine at the same rate from paris naman :)

Gracie said...

hi kelly,
i was so happy nga 'cos same price lang sa Paris. i was actually begging my cousin to bid for a Paris flight just for this bag. siguro meant yun for a C na lang...haha -- i wish!