Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Phantom of The Opera Date

Finally, 3 years after our first show experience at the Dubai Opera, my friends and I were able to watch yet another classic.  "The Phantom of The Opera" is in Dubai for a limited period, and we're so happy we were able to score seats on a whim!

Now if you know me, you'd realize by now that I have a soft spot for theatre.  While I did not major in theatre back in college, I earned a few units in my theatre classes and loved every minute of it.  So any excuse to watch a show is always exciting especially when you're in good company.

Dubai Opera as a venue never disappoints.  I am impressed with their acoustic design -- the sound is always crisp and pleasant to the ears.  The orchestra's beautiful music was given the justice it so deserved.  Hearing Andrew Lloyd Weber's famous "The Music of the Night”, “All I Ask of You”, “Think of Me”, and“The Phantom of the Opera” sung ever so perfectly is just incredible!



We got in right on time and were able to settle in 5 minutes before the show started.  The Act I was stupendous! I had goosebumps all over just hearing Christine sing.  Claire Lyon was perfect for the role! 

During the 20-minute intermission, we helped ourselves with a glass of Möet & Chandon because sipping bubbly and opera do go together, don't you think?  The phantom would approve! :)





Act II was even better, and I think the entire cast really gave their all until the show concluded.  The lights, the sounds, the stage design, the actors, the orchestra -- they were all incredible!  I just had to give them a standing ovation for their remarkable performance!  



You still have until 9th November to catch The Phantom of The Opera.  Tickets start at AED 350, and are available from Dubai Opera, Virgin Megastore & Platinumlist.


No comments: