Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Swamped Plus a Bump

Ever had one of those days when you feel like it’s the crappiest day in your life at work?  Moments when you feel like you needed to vent out your frustrations soon, otherwise you’ll explode, or worse, get a heart attack.  I just had one yesterday, and to make matters worse, I had to experience a minor accident while I was doing my job. I work in an office not in a manufacturing building or production line so encountering an accident is a remote possibility. But unfortunately, I did. How unlucky of me!

I will not go into details about what exactly happened, but I just wanted to share with you what I’ve learned from yesterday’s experience. Lesson number 1: when God created the world, He had to make people different from one another. That is to give color and variety to this world, and at the same time to make people understand the difference of what is good and what is bad. One can never understand good when there is no presence of the bad. That is to give balance in this universe, and now I do get His point. Lesson number 2: let’s face it, there are people who are afraid of responsibility, and I pity them. When you don’t take accountability for anything, you will never feel the satisfaction of achieving something. Lesson number 3: no matter how glittering a masterpiece is, if it is not done with due diligence and passion, it’s spark will eventually fade, if not sooner, then later.  And when you scratch beneath the surface, you will realize that underneath all the glamour and over-all beauty of the piece is just plain rubbish. and finally, lesson number 4: after all that’s said and done, you’ll come to a point where you’ll realize “it’s all in a day’s work.” You’ll stop sweating the small stuff and will keep doing your job. You refrain from thinking of negative thoughts and you aim to achieve something fruitful despite the hurdles ahead of you. At the end of the day, when everything falls into place, you will understand that whatever it is that you’ve said or done, it is your dignity that’s always at stake.

Just my two cents.

By the way, I’m physically fine now.  A big bump is on my leg and it’s badly bruised I have to say, But other than that, I’m all good. A Kinder Happy Hippo helped cheer me up.

No comments: