Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Honey, I Shrunk...

...myself!! Look!



ouch, that hurts!


This is an art exhibition called "The Great Ants" at the DIFC by bronze sculptor, Susan P. Cochran. When we first received the invitation to the opening of this art gallery at work, I was like, "Is this for real? An ant colony gallery? In the centre?" But when I saw them a few days later, I realized they were not bad. In fact, they were cute...especially these ones:







It's quite interesting to have them around. I enjoy looking at them on my way to work in the morning, and sometimes, I even bid them goodbye in the evening on the way home. I was tempted many times to name them but decided not to thinking that might insult the artist :D
The gallery will wrap up this June, as far as I know. In a couple of weeks, these giant ants will be moving off to another location. Just thinking about it makes me miss them already :(


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey gracie, this looks like fun!:) my son calls those thing ats. hehe

Anonymous said...

hey, no fair! how come you can wear short shorts and not me?!

(heller, obvious ba ang sagot? kasi ang laki kaya ng hita mo, kelly! bwahahaha!)

Mec said...

that's kinda creepy for me... ahehe... but they're really well-made no?




Mec of Hope This Helps You

Anonymous said...

ang galing naman! i like it! :) pero kikilabutan siguro ang mga may phobia sa ants. :)