Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Picnic Day

As I stepped out of our building this morning, the first thing I’ve noticed was the cool breeze of the air that blew on my face. The weather’s getting better by the day, and I am so glad because it means we can now go out on picnics without feeling the intense discomfort of the heat.


I love going to parks to just walk around and people watch. I especially enjoy seeing kids run around to their heart’s content and laugh like there’s no tomorrow. So whenever there’s a chance to just relax and unwind at one of the local parks here, I make sure we go. In fact, the last picnic we’ve been to was a Pinoy Family Day that I organized.

It was a lovely day in March where we spent almost an entire day at the park. All the Pinoys at work with their respective families gathered for a pleasant Saturday chill out at the Dubai Creek Park. Each family brought with them food for pot luck, which were all lip-smackingly good. I could still remember the yummy barbecues we had! We also celebrated two of our colleagues’ birthday. Ryan made each of them a Pineapple Upside-Down cake, and that’s what we had for dessert.

For entertainment, we prepared games for the kids and adults, too.



And there I was taking a first stab at face painting. Here are pictures of the kids who got decorated on their faces:


It was a fun-filled day for all of us. not only did it give us the chance to meet each other’s family, but it also was a good venue for us to bond together as Pinoys. It reminded me so much of family outings, minus the swimming pool & beach. for a moment, It felt like being home.

I hope we could all do this again before the weather gets a lot cooler for outdoors. I'm thinking of an early Christmas Party of some sort. I hope everyone says affirmative to that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

naks! magtayo na tayo ng face painting business! galing galing mo naman magpaint! :)

Gracie said...

hi weng,
oo nga, pwede! ikaw ang assigned sa US headquarters, ako ang based DXB branch..hahaha!
naku, ikaw nga dyan ang expert eh! apprentice mo lang ako :)