Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Procrastination Overdue

I have a confession to make. I’ve been a very bad girl, and I know this is unpardonable but…well, uhm…I haven’t been to the gym for 3 weeks straight! Yes, I’ve succumbed to procrastination yet again. And just thinking about it makes me cringe with embarrassment. I’ve been moaning for months about my weight and shape but I’m obviously not trying hard enough to do anything about it. I keep telling myself I’d go, but would later on decide to postpone for the next day. I lost my momentum right after the miscarriage, and now it’s just so hard getting back into the groove.

I’m contemplating on cancelling my gym membership because I’m too lazy to work out but my bessie’s discouraging me for so many reasons. She’s being hopeful that I’ll re-channel my energies to exercising instead of fussing over my ballooning size. Looking at the calendar, it shows that it’s only 53 days to go till we fly over to Manila. I only have limited time to shed off some unwanted pounds and I'm getting apprehensive already!

I wonder if ‘The Secret’ would work to lose weight.

7 comments:

Big Eyed Gal said...

I'm doing the same thing. I kept complaining about my weight but I'm doing nothing. It's been weeks since I've put on my hiphop abs DVD. LOL. :)

Gracie said...

valerie, i wonder what we can do to motivate ourselves? ang hirap!! :(

d3nd3n said...

hi gracie! been lurking on your blog for quite a while.

just want to know that i share your exact same sentiments about gym. sobrang hirap to stay motivated. i'm getting married this december pa naman. *hay*

hmm, wonder what that "Secret" is, nabibili ba yun :)

Anonymous said...

Are you referring to the book? I've been an XL for the longest time nakakiyak. Neither Wii Fit nor the Elliptical helped me in shedding these stubborn dubai fats.

Gracie said...

@ d3nd3n - The Secret is that book by Rhonda Byrne. i haven't read it yet, to be honest, but i was told it's an empowering book :) it's so hard to lose weight talaga. i was able to do it before, pero right after the church wedding, nawalan ako ng motivation. don't worry, i'm sure kaya mo rin. just focus on your reason why you wanna lose weight & then it will all come together. before you know it, payat ka na :)

Gracie said...

@ shelly - i've always been slim, but since i came to Dubai, my metabolism got screwed up. hay, sana may magic wand na makakabalik sa dating sizes natin, no? :(

Big Eyed Gal said...

Oo nga eh. super hirap! i'm trying this lemon detox that Em suggested. Hope it works!