Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

From Strangers to Friends

When we went to Petra last summer, we met a lovely Chinese couple who are of same age as us.  We had dinner altogether after the Petra by night, and chatted away like old chums. We learned that Charles was on a study leave (he's an MBA student at Harvard), and during his break, he decided to tour the middle east with his fiancee Vivian. 

They were ecstatic when they found out Ryan and I were from Dubai! Turns out the next leg of their tour was Dubai. Charles felt doubly excited when I told him I work at the DIFC because apparently, he really did wanna see the centre.  So a week after, we met up and toured them around the district. We had dinner at Noodle House and helped them choose some dates to bring home. We also accompanied them to buy souvenirs and check out some diamond rings for Vivian at the Gold Souk.  

Since then, we've kept in touch. And then the other day, just before our offices closed for the holiday, I received this parcel at work:



When I opened it, this is what I saw:


Goody - a Sex & The City DVD! And an extended cut at that! I was so happy because I haven't seen the movie yet (because it wasn't played here), and I've been dying to get my hands on a clear copy via torrent. I've been tormenting the husband for months now to find me a decent copy, and it looks like he doesn't need to bother anymore.

To Charles & Vivian, thanks again for the gift. You shouldn't have but thank you!  We were quite happy to tour you guys around. and I am touched that you remembered that I really wanted to watch SATC but it wasn't played here, and you made a way for me to see it.  That is really thoughtful of you!

See, I told you being chatty pays well :)

No comments: