Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our Macau & HK Family Trip - Day 2

We woke up a beautiful, sunny day with eager faces as we would be going back to Hong Kong that morning. After having breakfast at the hotel, we checked out and waited at the lobby for the shuttle to take us to the pier.


waiting at the lobby

When we arrived at the pier, we took the next ferry back to HK. Did I tell you that in both ferry rides I was able to doze off? Probably because it felt like being rocked gently like a baby.


the Turbo Jet

Upon arriving at HK, we took the MTR to get to our hotel. It was just a couple of stops from the Central Station so our travel was a jiff. After quickly checking in and depositing our pieces of luggage in our respective rooms, we dashed off to the MTR again and got off to the Central station where the bus depot going to The Peak was located.


little miss independent

at Central, HK

Riding the bus going up The Peak turned out to be a wise decision because taking the tram takes a while due to the long queue they have. Apart from that, we also got to see more sights while the bus was traversing the winding road. We were seated at the upper deck of the bus so we had a nice view of Hong Kong island. Upon arriving at The Peak, I immediately recognized the old green tram that we took when I was 6. I remember then we took the tram both ways, and I still vividly recall how the experience was. It is now used as a tourism office there. Of course we didn’t let the opportunity pass to take souvenir photos!


bus ride to the Victoria Peak

the old Peak Tram
view from above

Since it was almost lunch time, we all agreed to troop to Burger King, much to my niece’s delight. We had to have something quick and easy to eat because we still have other planned things to do after going around The Peak. After a quick bite, my Mom & Dad decided to just wander around the area as my Mom had a terrible headache then. We kids went ahead to see Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum.


french fries forever!


at Madame Tussaud's


Naomi & Naomi


stealing Brad :)

yo, Michelle Yeoh!

like mother, like daughter


blue-blooded for 5 seconds :)


I'll beat you, Tiger!

move over, Barrack!

After the museum tour, we all met up again and decided to go back to the city our Mom could rest in the hotel. That’s when we took the tram going down so Ryan, my siblings and niece could experience the ride. Across the tram station, we waited for the bus that took us to the Central. It was an interesting bus ride because we passed by The Landmark, and I swear I heard LV calling out my name :)



Peak Tram


life's biggest temptation
(and no, I didn't give in!)

We got off at the harbour where my Mom and Dad and we kids split up. They went back to the hotel to rest while we younger ones seized the rest of the day. Dad advised us to take the ferry to get to Kowloon so my companions can take another route getting to the other island. I happily obliged and we all ran happily like crazy kids trying to catch the ferry which was almost ready to leave.


all aboard!

As soon as we disembarked the ferry, we walked our way to spot the Avenue of the Stars. We enjoyed the leisurely walk and the breathtaking sunset. We tried to find a junk because I remember when I   was a child, our hotel had a great view of the waters that separate HK Island and Kowloon, and I saw a lot of junks sailing from morning till night. We ended up finding one, which was a commercial junk that tours people around. It's not the same I’d say because the junk I remember used to transport goods to the other side of HK.



just chillin'


the junk

Walking a bit further, we finally found the Avenue of the Stars. We took several snaps, of course! We did try the Squid delicacy, too sold by the lone food booth there. Its aroma was so good we couldn’t resist trying them. It was so yummy!!


here we are


ready for my take
someone's a fan


the harbour by night

We wanted to go for the night market afterwards but decided against it because it was getting late. We took the train and headed back to the Central. We wandered around the International Finance Centre and tried to look for Royce Chocolates. The ads in the MTR were misleading because we found out there was no Royce Chocolates outlet yet in the shopping mall. Thinking that I may not find another time to look around for the Reva shoes I wanted, we explored Lane Crawford and found them on sale (yippee!). I tried on a few pairs, and was pleased to know that they still have stock of the black with gold buckle in my size.  Even though it was uncomfy at first, I'm still pleased that I bought it because I had something to wear here at work when I temporarily bid goodbye to my heels.  We restrained ourselves from buying more from the neighboring shops as we vowed that the trip was purely a leisurely one – no shopping except for souvenirs! So we ended up taking the MTR to get back to our hotel. Dinner was at a nearby Fairwood branch but sadly, ended up not touching my meal again :(


nope, we're not lost - trust me!


At 9:00 pm, we were back in our respective rooms after kissing our parents goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the royce chocolates is at the City Super in IFC mall, ilang percent discount ng reva?

Gracie said...

hi mm,
i got mine at 30% off. pwede na rin...A LOT cheaper in HK than in Harvey Nichols here in Dubai.