Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Baby's First Kick at 17 Weeks

Last Thursday, 26th February, I thought I felt baby move. It was at 5:20 am and I was wondering, "Did baby really kick, or was it just my imagination?" The kick was like the feeling of butterflies churning in your stomach.

That same morning, I slept in the car on the way to work when the little one kicked again at around 6:30 am. that for sure wasn't a figment of my imagination because it literally woke me up! I knew someone's having a grand time in my belly!

This morning, I woke up to the same sensation in my abdomen. The baby's wide awake, kicking and squirming inside me. I laid flat on my back and felt the "butterflies" again. It was so surreal!

I can't wait for the next coming days when I could feel the stronger kicks. That would be a blast, I suppose, especially for the Daddy-to-be :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm happy for you sis ;)

Anonymous said...

it's the kick we don't really mind experiencing, ano? :D there'll be more kicks in the weeks to come and the dad-to-be will definitely feel it for himself soon. i'm so happy for you! :)

Anonymous said...

ang weird ng feeling no. masakit at times pero pure heaven. bonding moment nyo ni baby =D

Gracie said...

hi joanne,
thanks, sis! :))

Gracie said...

hi weng,
thank you - sarap talaga ng feeling! i love it (and i can't wait to feel for the stronger ones!)

Gracie said...

hi che,
oh, yes! it's like our baby's way of talking to me & i'm totally enjoying it. it's one of the many perks of carrying the baby :)

Anonymous said...

I also felt quickening early in my pregnant, around the same time as you. That's when it suddenly felt so real that a life was inside me :) What a wonderful feeling!