Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Breast Is Best

...and I am firmly sticking to that!

After Dade's check up with that pedia from Makati Med, I blindly followed her advice & succumbed to giving my son formula milk for fear that he is not getting enough nourishment *yep, big mistake!*  However, I decided to cut it off after having spoken to a lactation consultant (and after more or less 10 ounces of formula fed to my son - ouch!). I lost confidence in myself for a while but slowly regained it after a pep talk with the lactation consultant and after seeing Dade gain weight again. I swear, breastfeeding is really tough! Unless you're absolutely focused and dedicated to nursing, you'll never succeed. It takes a lot of willpower and bullheadedness to achieve your goal, which, unfortunately is not as easy as it seems.


Whenever I pray, I ask God for milk for my son. Yes, I pray for myself to produce enough milk for my little boy. It helps me loosen up & avoid getting stressed about my supply of milk.  Hubby is more supportive than before, and his encouraging words now help me get through each passing day. We are also happy that we have found a very good pedia for our son who supports me with my breastfeeding, and who also gives me & the hubby encouragement in raising our baby.


Things are falling in the right places now, and I cannot be happier!

5 comments:

MJ said...

and it´s always the best...

Jhona said...

You're right sis..

Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year sis! :)

Gracie said...

@ Me - indeed!

@ Jhona - happy holidays! i hope you're also breastfeeding :)

@ Joanne - happy new year, too, sis!

Anonymous said...

Hi,i stumbled across your blog trying to find a good lactation consultant in dubai. Can u plz email me the name of your consultant at walisit@yahoo.com?
thank you