Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dade’s Baptism Supplier Ratings Part 2

Invitations
Cute Prints
Phone No: 09285063396 (Loida Yu) http://cuteprints.multiply.com/
Email: contact.cuteprints@yahoo.com
Peso Power: P30-35 for a 2-page invitation inclusive of envelopes (depending on the quantity of prints)
Rating: 5*** (highly recommended)

Multiply is brimming with good suppliers for invitations but I chose CutePrints because their invites are beautifully done, and they don’t use photo paper when printing. Everyone’s impressed with Dade’s invitation, and in fact, 2 of my friends contacted them already for their printing services. They’re also quick to respond to emails, and can finish your invites (after approval of design) in less than a week, including delivery. For the rates they charge, I say it’s worth every cent we paid!



the invitation

Photographer

Cute Prints
Phone No: 09285063396 (Loida Yu)http://cuteprints.multiply.com/
Email: contact.cuteprints@yahoo.com
Peso Power: P9,000 – Hug & Embrace package (inclusive of two photographers, unlimited shots, pictures in CDs & 8 x 8 storybook album)
Rating: 4*** - photos 5*** album (highly recommended)

My son has 3 professional photographers as Godparents. Unfortunately, they were all unable to attend the baptism as they’re all based in Dubai. Good thing I found some options in n@w, and was able to book a recommended photographer ahead of time.

With CutePrints, you get two photographers for the package so they get to cover more. I am ok with the pictures – but not entirely happy though with some of the shots as I noticed that a lot are slanted which is not my style.  Also, I did mention to them that I’m particular with details shots but they still missed taking a shot of the entrance arch, which by the way I loved so much because it brightened up the doors of the hall.

However, they redeemed themselves with the storybook album. It’s super nice! It only took them a month to finish it yet it turned out beautifully. I showed it to my colleagues, and they were quite impressed. CutePrints chose the pictures for the album, and I must say they did very well.



cover & back pages

details page


inside lay-out

Videographer
Thor Productions
Phone No: 0919.6752473 / 0915.9711901http://thorproductionkids.multiply.com/
Email: thorproduction@gmail.com
Peso Power: P9,500 – video services for two venues using 3ccd hi res camera. professional videographer, production assistant, non-linear editing, 1 DVD copy of full edited video with personalized cover and casing. additional equipment: glidecam, dolly, 2-3 Lights set-up, Uhf wireless audio [for baptismal ceremony].
Rating: 5*** - service (highly recommended) final output – pending rating

Another treasured find through my n@wie sisters. they’re reasonably priced considering the experience Thor has as a former cameraman at ABS-CBN, and the kind of equipment they have to produce HD videos. Dade’s Ninong is a videographer by profession here in Dubai so before we booked Thor Productions, he checked the specs of the equipment they use first.

Thor was with his wife, Carmela, on the day of the event, and true to their word, they came early along with their video stuff. Thor worked discreetly that you won’t even notice he’s there. He blended with the crowd despite his gears, which is a plus for me.

Party decors
Party Boosters by Jacque Tan
Phone No: 0917-898-5227http://partyboosters.multiply.com/
Email: partyboosters.inquiry@gmail.com
Peso Power: please coordinate with Jacque directly for costing
rating: 5*** (highly recommended)

I only have praises for Jacque who so generously helped me make the reception venue look fabulous! The place was dull & lifeless before she stepped in. When she waved her magic wand, it suddenly became perfect for a baptism reception. Seriously! I received a lot of compliments from friends and family who liked the total look of the hall.

I decided to hire a decorator to help liven up the place because the venue’s walls looked dark with it’s wood partition. And I'm so happy I did! My son was so fond of the balloonderitas that he was caught many times looking up the ceiling and gazing at the balloons.

One thing that I really liked about Jacque is that she takes the extra mile to help out her clients. I only paid her for swags of 3 different colors, but when I called her the day before the baptism & shared with her my dilemma on the partition, the ever-quick witted Jacque suggested to use white swags to cover the walls. It was a wise idea as the white swags blended well with the photo corner that has white teddy bears, pillars & Cleopatra love seat provided by the caterer. She really made sure the place had a unified look even if she had to provide extra service at no additional cost. Now that is customer service!

lovely decors

Guestbook & projector rental
Mediamonsters Productions
Unit 1733 3/F Guadalupe Bliss Phase III,
J.P. Rizal Extn., Makati City
Phone No: 515 9017 / 0917 5421717http://mediamonsters.multiply.com/
Peso Power: P2,000 – 8x8 inches 20 pages guestbook including guestbook lay-out
P1,800 – projector rental for 4 hours
Rating: guestbook – 5*** (highly recommended)
projector – 5*** (highly recommended)

Mediamonsters was referred to me by both Jacque of Partyboosters, and my HS friend, S. They’re a wonderful find! they’re reasonably-priced, very easy to talk to, and super accommodating. They came early to set up the projector, and provided a technician to take care of it and play the AVP.


For the guestbook, I just sent them hi-res pictures of Dade, quotes that I'd like to be included, and advised them of the theme for Dade's baptism. Transaction was quick and easy.


guestbook cover

here's what's inside

Tokens for Godparents
DIY
Kodak Glorietta for photo printinghttp://www.beaucoup.com/ for min-albums
Peso Power: $ 3.15 - mini-albums
P 15 – wallet-size pics (2 photos in 1 sheet)
Rating: 5*** - DIY (love your own!)
5*** - Kodak Glorietta (highly recommended)

I just have to say that finding the right token for the Godparents was the hardest thing I ever had to do when I planned for this baptism. I wanted something extra special and meaningful so I decided to just create a mini-album of Dade’s pictures with quotes about Godparents and baptism. I digi-scrapped the cover and the quotation cards then had them printed in matte finish along with the photos at Kodak’s Lab. All the Godparents loved the token, and even the guests complimented on how it was well thought of and tastefully created.

my DIY tokens for the godparents


Tokens for adult guests
Cuppy Klydehttp://cuppyklyde.multiply.com/
Peso Power: P30 each sugar cookie
Rating: 5*** (highly recommended)

Who says sugar cookies are only for Christmas? They’re so versatile they can now be given away on any occasion. All you need is the perfect cookie cutter, and some icing and you’re good to go. Well, we left all that in the hands of our supplier, Jane, who does & decorates amazing cookies at a very good price. I loved how the bear cookies looked like, and how she managed to color them in the right hues of blue, green, yellow and cream. A lot of guests raved about how yummy the cookies were so I promised to get her services again for our son’s 1st birthday.

delightfully good sugar cookies

Tokens for kids
Plush Teddy Bears
Ilaya Street (one of the stalls across Wellmanson)
Peso Power: P65 each (8" big)rating: 5*** (highly recommended)

How can you not love these plush bears when they look so adorable! My first and only trip to Divisoria was because of these fellas, and I'd say they were really worth the trouble. I went there with my SIL who helped me bargain and pick out the nicest bears we could ever find. true enough, come baptism day, all the bears were picked out by their new, happy owners.

bestseller Russ & Harrods teddies


Candles & basket
DIY
ribbons & bead – Wellmanson & Carolina’s (bead & off-white ribbon)
basket – Divisoria
Peso Power: basket – P15, bead – P30 for set of 12 pcs., powder blue ribbon – P25 per roll of 32 yards, off-white ribbon – P3.50 per yard
Rating: 5***

The organized me wanted decorated candles, and I’m so lucky my SIL is into arts and crafts, too. She wrapped the basket handle with the powder blue ribbon, and spruced up the candles using the ribbons we had at hand. Thanks to the dear husband for the suggestions! :)

candles for the godparents



Well, that wraps up my supplier’s ratings. I hope these ratings help you guys in planning your parties in the future. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask, and I’d be most glad to help.

Thanks everyone! :)

13 comments:

tracypamela said...

I was actually going to ask for feedbacks on cuteprints kasi I saw Dade's pictures sa site nila. I am going to get invitations from them kasi for Fonzy's birthday. How many pcs did you order for the 35/pc price?

Jacque said...

hi gracie! thanks for the wonderful comments. ahehe. touched naman ako. muah! :)

andrea said...

LVoe your detailed supplier ratings. sayang di kame nakapunta :(

hugs and kisses to baby dade

andrea said...

as always, very detailed supplier ratings!

enjoy mommyhood.. miss you.

hugs and kisses to baby dade.

Gracie said...

hi tracy,
we actually were quoted for P32 for 70 pcs. reasonably priced, and best of all, not printed in photo paper :)

Gracie said...

hi jacque,

kami nga ang dapat mag-thank you sa'yo for being so helpful to us. i recommended you to my friends. i think Lizzie from Sydney is one of your potential clients, and Gayle, too.

Gracie said...

hi drea,

thanks! sa 1st birthday na lang bawi kayo ni Leo :) miss you!

Jacqui said...

hi gracie,

thanks for cute prints referral. you saved me, girl!! happy i switched (kahit fully paid na ako supplier ko! LOL) got raves from migo's invites too. sulit sila and yun nga, dali nila kausap! :)

i might get services of loida again, for migo's baptism ... baka pagawa ko pirate/treasure map. hahaha! :)

Gracie said...

hi jacqui,

my pleasure! glad i was able to help :)

Crinklynose said...

wow, super nice naman ng setup ng baptism ni baby dade!! i was showing your post to my husband and i told him this detailed pinay mommies are, hahaa :o)

thanks for sharing your feedback. i'm sure if there's opportunity for us to celebrate any of mikka's events sa pinas, i'd definitely refer to your post.

take care sis!

Anonymous said...

hi sis! nice baptismal party.. im actually preparing for my baby girl 1st bday.. can u plz e-mail me wat particular store did u find the russ teddy bear @ divisoria.. heres my e-mail add cutiecoolshanne@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, i'm actually preparing for my Son's baptismal party. Can i ask what particular store did u bought the russ teddy bears. Can u please email me the details. fairie_tink@yahoo.com Thank you very much

MommyMeowMeow.com said...

learned soo much from your reviews! particularly inspiring --> DIY tokens for the godparents. still preparing for my daughter's baptism and I hope I can come up with something as creative and thoughtful as that :)