Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Feeling Bad

We are attending our friend's daughter's baptism today at 4:00 pm, and I will be coming from work. My office friend commented on my outfit saying that I am too casual, and that I had better days. On my way to the 'lactation room', I passed by the washroom and had a long, hard look on myself in the mirror. Yeah, she's right...I looked blah. Now I'm feeling so bad :(

Since I became a Mom, all I ever focused on was my son. Of course I do look after the husband, as well, making sure his shirts & crew necks are pressed whenever we need to go out. But whenever it's my turn to dress myself up, I always end up grabbing the outfit closest to my reach. I still couldn't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes, by the way, so that adds up to my misery. Yep, that's the sad story of my life.


I realized I must make an effort to look presentable at all times. Being a Mom is not an acceptable excuse not to look good. So off I'll go this weekend and grab a few pieces of clothes for me. After all, I still deserve to indulge myself, right?

15 comments:

PM said...

and shopping will do you a lot of good! but yes, i agree that we still need to look good even if we're now a mom and all that. but don't feel bad , you've got that mommy glow!

Eper said...

That's right mama! Don't feel guilty about indulging yourself :)

Vannie said...

ouch.

but hey, i can totally relate. but you know, a lot of patience and time management lang, you can still find time to pamper yourself and dress fabulously.

don't ever make motherhood an excuse not to look good :)

ahihihi

SHelly said...

sis, don't feel bad. I swear you look great. if you need an ego boost, just see me and i promise you you'll feel better in a jiffy. =)))

Gracie said...

hi pat,
oo nga eh. a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do talaga! :)

Gracie said...

hi eper,
thanks dear! yup, i will no longer restrain myself all the time to shop. time to dig out the old me :)

Gracie said...

hi vannie,
oo nga eh. sabi nga ni Lucy Torres-Gomez, there's no excuse to look unattractive regardless of you civil status. gosh, i didn't know motherhood can be this challenging! whew!

Gracie said...

hi shelly,
alam mo ba na the very same day i gave away my old suits, and lalo ako na-depress kse i realized how skinny i was 4 years ago? boo hoo! di bale, i feel a lot better now. as long as we're good Momsies naman ok lang di ba? :))

Shelly said...

the only remembrance of my payat years are the dozens of corporate suits (and a few of my favorite jeans) i still dearly hold on to. the rest, i gave away na. kung hindi man na ko pumayat, mapamana ko man lang sa magiging anak na babae namen. hehehehehe

tracypamela said...

Time to shop!! I was in the same situation a few months back and I really indulged myself with a new set of wardrobe. Pero problem ko pa din now is my hair as I shed too much after giving birth so I now have a lot of baby hair sticking out! Anti frizz products won't work!!

Pinky said...

Awww...been there, Gracie...(*hugs*) Even found myself crying in the changing room of the mall because I couldn't take off the darn clothes I fitted by myself - I had to call hubby to help me out - waaahhh!!! :(

If it's any consolation, things will get better. Hang in there and strut your stuff! After all, you've got a cute baby to show for all that added weight.

Gracie said...

hi Shelly,
good that you kept some as souvenir. ako halos wala na -- my jeans were all handed down to my sisters. haaay!

Gracie said...

hi Tracy,
i went shopping last weekend to buy some new clothes for myself. i felt a lot better, i have to admit. with the hair, my problem naman was hair fall. i'm using Lauat na, but it doesn't seem to be working for me :(

Gracie said...

hi Pinky,
i've been in that kind of situation myself, too -- right after i gave birth. it was so depressing! :( thank you for making me feel that i'm not alone. perhaps i should also learn to accept things, and just work on getting back into shape once i'm done breastfeeding.

AEC said...

don't feel so bad gracie, a lot of moms go through that phase after giving birth... but at least you are aware of it now & give yourself some me time na. :) kikay ka naman, so I know you won't be stuck in that rut. bust out your 4-inch heels na! :)