Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Arts & Crafts

I know in my heart there are creative juices in me.  It’s just that I find no time to squeeze them out from my system.  But when the situation calls for it, I know for sure I can come up with something from scratch that would look decent enough for display – for our home at least.

When our friends’ daughter, Zoei was baptized, I volunteered to help out in decorating the candles to be used for the ceremony.  I have always been fascinated with ribbons, laces & baskets that I thought maybe I could bring myself to create something special for the beautiful little girl’s special day.

So a week before Zoei’s Christening, I summoned the Martha Stewart in me to create this basket & set of candles for the godparents (Ryan was one of them):

a basketful of candles
for the godparents


my materials
I gathered some candles from Ikea, and some ribbons bought from a textile shop in Satwa (Dubai’s version of Baclaran).  I was pleased that the shades of pink & brown I chose according to the baptism party’s motif blended well.

Going back to arts & crafts has helped me de-stress myself from all the hooplas happening at work and at home.  I told my husband how satisfying it felt, and he encouraged me to do more.  Oh, if only I have the time!



7 comments:

cheche said...

grabe no, too many things to do, so little time!

i love the candles. you have always been creative. sana ako din crafty. pero tulog ata ako nun nung nagpasabog si lord! haha actually, wala lang siguro akong patience - which i think namana ni cayden sa akin. uh-oh!

Unknown said...

nice! may potential to be a martha stewart ;)

Eper said...

Nice work mama! :)

Gracie said...

hi Cheche,
true! i wish i could extend the day to 36 hours instead of 24!
thanks for the compliment! :) don't worry, baka si Cayden ngayon lang ganyan, but will later on learn to be more patient & creative, too.

Gracie said...

hi Joanne,
thank you, sis! :)

Gracie said...

hi Eper,
thanks a bunch, dear! :)

kelly said...

gracie, so nice naman ito!