Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

The Diaper Bag Hunt

…is now over!

At last, I can heave a sigh of relief because I have finally found the perfect baby bag for us. While doing my search, I was keeping an eye on something that’s trendy, functional and can be worn by the husband without feeling too awkward with the bag’s style and print design.

To be honest, I was this close to buying this Coach Diaper Bag:



our nappy bag choice

But decided, despite the manic impulse, against purchasing it because 1) it doesn’t fit my budget, 2) Ryan will not be caught dead carrying it, 3) I will have a hard time keeping it clean, & 4) it looks more fitting for a Mom who has a baby girl.

After hours of resistance and debating with myself, in the end, I settled for this bag:


Thanks to Nikki’s post about baby items, I had an idea of what diaper bag to get. This Le Sportsac Liz Baby Bag is unisex, funky and practical – just the right one i’m looking for! It has a removable/adjustable strap, rolled handles and lots of pockets, both inside and out. But I was mainly sold to this item because of the diaper changing mat that comes with it. It’s got a soft pillow to support baby’s head and looks real comfy for a baby.

To make sure I’m getting the coolest design among the choices, I even asked my team mate, Tim, to check it out just to get a guy’s perspective. He voted for this design, hence, the choice. After that, I immediately made the purchase at ebay (Thanks to my wonderful seller, Virginia! Credits to you for the photo) using my remaining funds from paypal. Another purchase from my windfall money so this is definitely a winner!


12 comments:

Jacqui Co-Soriano said...

uy gracie, nice yan diaper bag ha! :) meron kaya dito sa manila? :)

will also consider this pag nasa buying mode na ako ng baby stuff. hehehe!

thanks for posting.

Gracie said...

hi jacqui,
if you're asking about the Le Sportsac, i think meron...sa Rustan's daw according to Nikki. mga P10K each. you can always go to ebay & purchase from there. makakasave ka pa rin ng around P2,500. a lot of sellers ship worldwide naman. same with the Coach bag.
yup, buy ka na lang pag switched on na ang baby stuff shopping mode mo.
take care & have a safe pregnancy!

tosinpdx said...

This is cute,Gracie. Luv the prints. You're right, it's funky. :)

Gracie said...

hi gracious,
thanks, my dear! i can't wait to receive the package from USPS...i'm sure it's prettier irl :)

Mich said...

love that diaper bag Gracie! funky nga :)

Gracie said...

hi mich,
thank you! pinakaimportant naman sa laht is magustuhan ni Ryan kse sya lagi magdadala nun :)

mm said...

great choice=)

Gracie said...

hi mm,
thanks! your comments help me justify this purchase to the husband :)

AEC said...

I have a le sport sac like that, iba lang ang print. Used it for travel. Good choice on that, it's super light & hindi matakaw sa dirt. :)

Faye said...

Hi sis! ask ko lng how much bili mo sa LeSportsac bag?:) Im selling bags din kasi :) thanks!!:)

Gracie said...

hi mandy,
good to note that you also have it & you think it's a good choice. one thing that attracted me to it was the fact that it's lightweight. i don't want to carry a bulky & heavy diaper bag, kahit sa mall or pasyal lang :)

Gracie said...

hi faye,
i got it for $120, then paid for $30 shipping. if you were selling the bag, i should've bought from you na lang pala thru ebay.