Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother’s Day Treat and Reflections

Last night, the husband took me to dinner to celebrate Mother’s Day. Although I'm still a Mom-to-be, he thought it would be nice to celebrate. After all, I'm already feeling the little boy move around my tummy like a spinning top these days so we know for sure that someone is out there :) It’s just a matter of weeks before the precious one pops out.

He chose The Lemon Grass, which is my favorite Thai Restaurant in town. Of course I had a free reign on what to order so I chose the following delectable dishes:

Lemon Grass Set for appetizer
(spring rolls, fish cake, noodles and chicken in pandan leaves) 
Talay Pao
(grilled tiger prawns and squid)
K.P. Goo
(stir-fried prawns in garlic sauce)

The weather’s a pain these days so to feel refreshed, I ordered an E-san (strawberry, watermelon & lime smoothie). Divine!


We gobbled down everything in just a matter of minutes. After the meal, hubby and I both felt so stuffed, especially me that I thought I would throw up everything I ate. I felt a lot better when we got home. We capped the night off by watching the latest episode of Grey’s Anatomy *love the twist, by the way!*

To my dear husband, thanks so much for the treat! Next time pwede may gift na? LOL!
Despite the distance, I also phoned to greet my Mom & my sister a happy mother’s day. When I called, they were on their way to La Mesa Ecopark to have a picnic. I also spoke to my adorable niece, who greeted me Happy Mother’s Day, too. Oh, how I miss my family! I suddenly felt the urge to go home and be with them.

I didn’t forget to greet my MIL, too, who’s been very sweet to me since the beginning, and is always asking me how I'm doing with my pregnancy. I sent her a simple but heartfelt message, which says how blessed I feel to have her as a 2nd mother. Whenever I think of other women I know who go through rough patches with their MILs, I always feel a wave of happiness and relief that I am blessed with a caring MIL who accepts me and appreciates me for who I am.

The past Mother’s Day made me feel all the more excited about Baby D’s arrival. I can’t wait to be a Mom soon and start this exciting chapter in my life. I know motherhood entails a lot of hardwork, patience, and lots of sacrifices but I was told that it’ll be all worth the trouble when see your child happy and contented. My only hope is that I’d be able to provide what’s best for my offspring and raise him into a God-fearing person who knows how to appreciate life and live it the Christian way. With this, I pray to God for guidance and wisdom.

8 comments:

Ozzy's Mom said...

happy 1st mom's day gracie!

Gracie said...

hi vannie,
thank you for the greeting! it feels so good pala to be greeted on such a special day :)

AEC said...

happy mom's day gracie! ready na ba?

Gracie said...

hi mandy,
thank you! just a little more and i think i'm ready na :)

mm said...

im sure you'll be a great mom, belated happy moms day!

Eper said...

Belated Happy Mother's Day, Gracie! :)

Gracie said...

hi mm,
thanks, my dear! that's very encouraging :)

Gracie said...

hi eper,
thank you - and to you, too! :)