Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Retail Therapy

…i must admit has made things easier for me. Last Sunday after hearing mass, we went grocery shopping, and filled our cart with stocks of food supplies to last us a couple of weeks. We bought a lot of healthy food and snacks, as well as fruits to munch on when attacked by late evening hunger pangs. I thoroughly enjoyed the errands, to be honest. Afterwards, we had dinner at Chili’s to relax and enjoy a delicious meal bordered with a lively, friendly atmosphere.

I guess what they say is true about our bodies releasing endorphins when we shop. When LV called to inform me that my reserved bag has arrived, I felt so excited that I eagerly dragged Ryan to Mall of the Emirates to pick it up. Oh, it was so lovely! The feel of the bag in my hands was indescribable. I was quite pleased because I’ve waited so long for the bag, and now it’s finally mine!

much coveted LV Epi Alma
I didn’t let the husband leave the store empty handed. In return of his sweet gesture last weekend (and for driving me to the mall at a drop of a hat), I got him this as a ‘no occasion gift’ for simply being a rock solid partner in life that I am enormously thankful for:

hubby's first LV: urban chic Damier Graphite 
I've dug deep into my wallet for these purchases but I honestly don’t mind. I vowed that my next major purchase will definitely be mid next year. For now, I’ll just savor my new loot and feel the happy hormones work their way through my body :D

15 comments:

AEC said...

ganda ng bag!! :) it's good to hear you're much better now. :)

Jade said...

enjoy the bag! ang ganda!

Gracie said...

thanks mandy! likey mo din yan di ba? with a different color nga lang. yes, i'm much better now indeed...kaso magastos maglibang ha! :)

Gracie said...

thank you, jade! :) i'm so happy with it.

tracypamela said...

its so beautiful gracie. That's my ideal work bag.

Jesse Pega said...

wow nice bag you got there gracie!

Congrats!

Gracie said...

@ tracy! yes, it is indeed! :) perfect work bag & blends well with my dark colored suits. ikaw rin, ipon na to get one :) (or maybe Paolo can get you one as pasalubong, malay mo)

Gracie said...

@ jesse, thanks sis! quota na ko sa bags this year :)

Jacqui Co-Soriano said...

hi gracie,

wow finally dumating na alma mo! uuyy..pls end my curiosity na, so how much nga sa dubai ang alma? (para sumama loob ko! hahaha!)just want to know if mura talaga alma vs dito sa pinas/hk.

lastly, gold ba zipper alma mo? parang gold sa pix eh...sa akin white gold. I was told they don't produce na gold zippers na alma...lahat daw lumalabas white gold na daw. hmmm...

si alma fave bag ko din..for two weeks sya lang gamit ko pang-office! hahaha! (except fridays pala)

Tinggay said...

wow! congrats!! nakakainggit!! ano ba kaliwa't kanan ang bilihan ng LV ng mga n@wies! hehehehe! :)

Gracie said...

hi jacqui,
yup, finally - dumating na rin! if you convert my bag to Php, mga P61,000. i guess the difference is not much on this bag, but for the rest, i can say cheaper talaga. i think my previous comment sa blog mo didn't go through...may price comparison din yun with the Speedy.
my bag has a silver zip closure. nakabukas lang yung lamp shade so nagmukhang gold sya. di ko na-adjust yung white balance nung camera. i knew magmumukhang gold sya pero tinamad na ko to take another photo...hehe!
i love my bag, too! once ko pa lang nagamit. maybe next week ko na sya gamitin ng todo :)

Gracie said...

thanks you, tinggay! naku, i'm sure meron ka rin from hubby. aba, there's a "labor" gift din dapat, di ba? :)
ang mga n@wies talaga addicted sa LV! LOL!

Anonymous said...

huwaaaaw! to the alma and to the graphite wallet (but more to the alma. haha.)

Jody said...

gracie! aylabit! ganda ganda!
uy, pacheck naman how muck ang hamstead MM Azur dan? Hihihi

Gracie said...

@ kelly - thanks girl! love ko talaga ang bag na 'yan. sulit na sulit! :)

@ jody - thank you! btw, the bag you asked costs AED 4,850 (PHP 62,500)here.