Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Scarf No More

Last Monday, I realized when I stepped out of the shower from the gym that the scarf that's been tied on to my Coach hobo bag is missing. My immediate reaction was, "again!?!" Yes, it's the second time this has happened :(

The first time I lost a scarf was, I  could only presume, from the Emirates Towers walking back to my office building when I had after office drinks with my colleagues. When I got back to the car, the scarf was no longer tied onto my bag. That's the problem when you use a silk scarf. The fabric is so smooth it just loosens by itself and then next thing you know, alas, it's already gone! The recent mishap probably happened when we went grocery shopping the night before we hit the gym. I suddenly remembered it was no longer there when I put my bag down at the couch. I was probably too tired and preoccupied with the groceries that night so I didn't notice it was missing right there and then.

What made me feel sad about those two scarves was that both had sentimental value to me. The first was because it was purchased the first time I stepped into a Coach store here in Dubai. I was prodded by my friend at work, H, to buy it as it was on sale. I still remember how giddy happy I was because I've always wanted a scarf for my hobo so it'll have a different look compared to other hobo bags carried by other girls. The second one I got from the States when I traveled there last Spring. I got it from an outlet store next to the Mexican border, and it was the perfect shade that would contrast my bag. I loved it! It was also the last piece so I literally grabbed it and paid for it immediately. Of course, I only got it real cheap. Of all the things I shopped for, that was my second favorite - next to my Pochette. And now, it's also gone, as well. Haaayy!! I should've put a pin on the scarf to secure it. I never learned my lesson!

Anyway, when I told hubby about my sad (but totally shallow) news, he told me to just get a new one, and then make sure to keep it tied firmly and fasten it with a safety pin to secure its hold. I've yet to visit a Coach store here to see whether they have the color and pattern that would match my bag. I kidded Ryan by telling him that perhaps I should get a new bag to get over my loss but was surprised to hear him say that I should :D so tonight, we'll be hitting the mall and find me a new bag so that I'd stop blabbering about my lost scarf. I guess hubby's ears have gone bleeding already from my endless rants! Hehe!

10 comments:

AEC said...

hahaha. hay men, they always say things to make things easier for them. in your case, to end your "sadness" over your scarf. para bang, sige, bilhin mo na! which is actually goof for us no? :D

Tinggay said...

hi there! bloghopping lang from tracy and mandy's blogs :) former 2W@wie and n@wie din ako....napaka ganda naman ng timing ng entry mo na to, cos i lost a coach scarf din, this week ko lang napansin! ako naman we did some spring cleaning sa house in time for our baby's arrival (as I'm due anytime) and natapon ko yung box niya pati yung laman! (masyado kasing magaan i think i thought empty siya)...haaay, di ko pa naman nagagamit!!! waaaah!

anyhow, maybe you might want to go to the LV site yata, i think doon ko nakita may demo/tutorial on how to tie scarves....baka mas mahigpit siya para next time di siya maglo-loosen mag isa esp. since silk nga siya :)

Gracie said...

mismo! para lang to rid himself of my endless panghihinayang & regret, pumayag na bumili na lang ako ng new bag. he said it without missing a beat. syempre i already have a bag in mind (parehas tayo - the epi alma, pero mine's black). all smiles na ko ulit after nyang pumayag! hehe!

Gracie said...

hi tinggay,
welcome to my zany world! :)
hay nak, i just decided to let go na nga lang, tutal may kapalit naman yun eh. but i still plan on getting a scarf for my dear bag. maybe on my next trip na lang sa US 'cos mas maraming choices dun. dito kse Coach Stores offer limited pieces lang. and thanks for the tip! i'll visit LV in a while.
take care & hope you'll have an easy delivery.

tosinpdx said...

Your husband is sweet :) So what bag did you end up getting? :)

Gracie said...

hi orangecious!
didn't get the bag yet. it's not in stock so i just placed a reservation first. i'm eyeying the LV Epi Alma :)

Anonymous said...

ang masasabi ko lang, sige, magwala ka pa ng scarf! hahaha! lost scarf=new bag pala eh. ;)

Anonymous said...

ok now, where's the bag? i also NEED to see it! LOL

Gracie said...

hi weng,
sinabi lang 'ata ni Ryan para manahimik na ko :) mukhang nagsisi nga eh nung naghahanap na kme ng bag ko..LOL!

Gracie said...

naku, kelly - wala pa yung bag. out of stock pa rin (parang yung Gucci Princy Hobo, remember?). nakukulitan na nga yung SA ko sa kakatawag ko eh. hay, as soon as mukha ko yun, i'll post its pic ora mismo.