Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

10 (more or less) Weeks To Go

Yesterday, I had my check-up with my OB-GYNE who gave me and hubby the pleasant news that baby’s doing alright, based on his observations. He did a quick scan just to see how baby’s progressing, and we were relieved to hear that everything looks normal. Baby D’s size is according to his gestational age despite my weight gain of 3.7 pounds in just two weeks. My check ups are now every fortnight, by the way, so we get to hear baby’s heartbeat more frequently.

Here’s a little glimpse of our little boy via 4D scan:




It’s a shame the umbilical cord is blocking Baby D’s face. But one could tell he’s Ryan’s look-alike. His nose, eyes & chubby cheeks are all from Ryan. I wish on my next scan we could see a clearer picture of our LO.

As for the Mommy-to-be, I am still doing great despite the heavier load on my belly. I still walk in a fast pace, and despite the klutz in me, I do find time to do most of the household chores. They’re my only form of exercise, and I don’t think I’m anywhere near ready of giving them all up.

Speaking of exercise, I will going for a swim after work at my cousin’s place. She’s off for two days so my bessie and I will be spending time with her while she’s in town. I can’t wait already!

Now that I am on my last trimester, I am suddenly feeling all these mixed emotions. I am excited, and at the same time nervous about the arrival of our much-awaited blessing. Last Saturday, when the last guest had left the house after the party, I suddenly felt a knot in my stomach when I realized Ryan & I only have a few more weeks left of quality time together. I’m happy that our family is growing but also sad that there’ll be no more time for just the two of us. I dunno but I guess this is the feeling of apprehension that the books are telling me about.

And then there is the confusing part where you need to make your decisions on matters concerning the work you are leaving behind temporarily. Some well-meaning colleagues have started asking me about my maternity leave, and they get shocked when I tell them that I am not availing the 5 months leave from work. I only intend to go for the fully paid 45 working days maternity leave, and then avail of my 30 working days holiday on December, skipping the half-paid 45 working days extra maternity leave days I am entitled to. I have my reasons why I want to go back to work after 2 ½ months, and I feel that I don’t have to explain those to them. But since they started vocalizing their opinions about my decision, I’m beginning to feel confused & scared!

I hope all these anxieties go away soon even if they’re pretty normal at this stage. I have many other things to think about and prepare for. The last thing I need is to deal with my emotions that could only cause unnecessary stress to me. Oh well….

6 comments:

cheche said...

hi gracie! lapit na. im excited for you. sarap kasi titigan ng baby, parang you wont believe na you were able to create such wonderful being. make sure you spend as much time with hubby as you can. baby will be eating all of it, at least for the first few months.

dont worry about your colleagues. do what you think is right for you. no need to answer to anyone.

thank you pala sa mga comments sa blog ko. one of these days, i'll post a pic of pong and baby g. magkamukha nga sila =D

take care. cant wait to see the LO.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gracie! :) You're also expecting pala... Our due dates are close. Are you having a boy or girl? :)

Gracie said...

hi che,
thanks - i sure need some support, and coming from a newbie Mom like you, it means so much to me :)
yep, Pong & your baby are look-alikes...nakakatuwa! wait ko ang pics ha.
take care, too! kisses to your bundle of joy, Baby G!

Gracie said...

hi Sab,
thanks for the visit! we're having a boy, and we're so excited already! nice to know na classmates tayo sa pregnancy :)

Jade said...

grace, ang galing ng ultrasound mo! mukhang mahilig magpa picture si baby ha. narecognize ni Summer (4yo) yung baby sa pic.

Have a safe delivery to your healthy baby.

Gracie said...

hi jade,
talaga? ang galing naman! :) natuwa ako na-recognize ni Summer :D
mukhang mana sa 'kin ang baby namin...mahilig magpa-picture..LOL!