Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

37 down, 3 Or So More Weeks To Go!

Can you believe it?  Only 19 days to go. wee!! (although in my heart, I really hope Baby D comes out sooner than his due date)

Yesterday, Baby D & I had another check up with my OB, who gave me the result of my Group B Strep Test done last week. Sadly, I am positive of the bacteria but he assured me that it’s nothing to worry about. All they have to do is give me antibiotic treatment during labor to ensure that I don’t pass it on to my baby. I am relieved that my hospital of choice does this screening, otherwise, I would have put my baby at risk. I am thankful that a lot of literature are now available to educate mothers-to-be to keep them armed with knowledge about pregnancy (hooray for the “What To Expect When You’re Expecting” & the Baby Center.com!!)

I am at the stage where I'm already getting antsy and couldn’t wait to deliver. Everyone here at the office was so surprised to see me at my desk at 8:00 am this morning after a long weekend (yesterday was Prophet Mohammed’s Ascension so it was declared a public holiday). They were kind of expecting me to have popped already. Looks like Baby D would opt for a check out around his due date. Oh well, we’ll see on Sunday. I'm due for another scan by my OB to check how big baby is. After that scan, we will know what to do next. I hope I don’t get induced, or worse, deliver via C-section. Please, please pray for me!

4 comments:

Vanniedosa said...

gracie!! 3 more weeks? (or less) that's super xciting! have a safe and easy delivery!

Gracie said...

hi vannie,
yup, lapit na talaga! sobrang excited na kami :) thanks, dearie!

Eper said...

Keeping you in my prayers, Gracie!

MoDLin said...

It won't be long now. What an exciting time. Glad to hear you will get antibiotics for the GBS. Sounds like you're in good hands.