Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Half The Year Gone

Wow, I can’t believe it’s July already! In just a few more weeks (or could be days, you’ll never know!), we will finally meet the newest member of our family. Hubby and I are soooo excited we could hardly think of anything else other than Baby D’s much-awaited arrival.

As you all know, the last 6 months were totally devoted to preps for our little angel’s grand entrance. Coming back from a 6-week break in Manila last January, all we ever did thereafter was focus on baby and buy his stuff little by little. I also found a highly recommended OB whom I've seen for about 3 months before she moved back to the US. The first 6 months of the year proved to be really tiring and challenging for both me and hubby (remember when we shifted apartments?) but we managed to survive, and we’re very proud of what we’ve done. We had housewarming parties in one weekend, and I celebrated my 31st with a baby shower.

Yes, the first half of the year was extremely busy but looking back, we know all our efforts will not go to waste.

I cannot say that the same thing will not happen in the next 6 months of the year 2009. It will definitely be much busier, I bet. In fact, as soon as we crossed the 1st July (my Dad’s birthday, by the way), a lot of things were already beginning to pile up in our to-do list. There’s the preparation for my Mom’s arrival next week, the general cleaning of the apartment, the never ending shopping of items needed in our checklists (both for Baby D & me), grocery shopping (we need to stock up on food!), baby proofing of our home, and a lot more. All these are done on almost all days of the week (and to think hubby only has one day off owing to an event they’re participating in).

But despite the very busy days we’re having (I swear, our home is in total chaos right now with all the baby items we’re organizing in the nursery for his royal highness' birth!), we managed to squeeze in some time to watch the Transformers 2 last weekend. I know it will probably be the last movie I'll see in months so I made sure I was in good company: my hubby, my bessie & her boyfriend.

I also managed to attend Guianna’s baptism last Saturday where K was hired as the photographer. I've seen some of the pics already, and they’re so beautiful! The set is one of the best pics I've seen for a Christening ceremony & party – truly worth every penny paid! I just wish he could come home for our son’s baptism on December, too.

Meanwhile, I did finally manage to zip my hospital bag yesterday. the cameras & camcorder are ready – with all batteries fully charged with back up, and even the snacks for my coach are also packed. Car seat has been taken out of the box, and is now on stand-by by the doorway. Baby's newborn clothes, blankets and towels are all washed and ironed, and are in the drawers ready to be used. I just hope I didn‘t forget anything.

Healthwise, I’m feeling alright, except for the pain on my hands, especially at night. It will go away on its own for sure so I’m not letting it bother me much. Yesterday, I had to call in sick though as I didn’t get any decent sleep the previous night. The pain was unbearable I woke up like 3 times whimpering like a little child. The shooting pain was up ‘til my arms so I decided to just rest it up by staying at home. I've yet to hear about the baby’s health this coming Sunday after my check up with my OB, and I'm praying that he’s doing A-ok in my tummy.


Sometimes, with all the things happening around me, I find myself blankly staring into space. My mind races to all sorts of directions – as if it wants me to do all things simultaneously. I need to finish a lot of tasks at work before I go on maternity leave, and I’m hoping I’d deliver after my boss’s return from his holiday (which is Sunday week after next) so I can properly brief him about the work I’ve completed, and update him on the hand over I’ve done with my team mate. I know work should be the last thing in my mind but I just can’t help it.

Anyway, this post is way too long already. Let me leave you with my current pic at 35 weeks and 2 days on the way. This was taken by our photographer at work while I was lunching at the fountain area. Do you think I’m already engaging?  A lot of my colleagues have already noticed that I’m now carrying low. I noticed that, too, while I was on the shower the other night. and my trips to the loo have doubled in the last couple of weeks. I sure do hope the baby’s lightening already.






Take care everyone and keep safe! Have a great week! :)

10 comments:

lleng said...

yeah ang bilis noh?all of a sudden july na.then december na!haha

base sa picture mo malapit na talga.relax lang everything will be alright.believe it or not ako nga nag file ng leave 5 days before ng due date ko:)uy ingat ka sa "binat" ha.

im praying for your safe delivery girl!

andrea said...

gurl parang twins ang baby mu...ang laki.. m so excited for you .. wow time flies so fast!

Unknown said...

Congrats again sis! :) Hope you will have a safe delivery ;)

Gracie said...

hi lleng,
oo nga eh...parang bullet train ang panahon! i hope i deliver between my 37th-40th week. thanks sa bilin! not to worry, iingatan kong wag mabinat..takot din ako dun eh.
thanks for the prayers!

Gracie said...

hi drea,
malaki ba? sabi nila sa kin dito i'm not big enough :( exciting na no? super lapit na!

Gracie said...

hi joanne,
thanks sis! pray for me ha!

Jacqui said...

gracie,

wow, i can feel your excitement talaga for D-day. :) I am sure you will be more busy next weeks (and months to come.

Ako eager and anticipating, of knowing gender of my baby. I want to shop, shop! But, controlled myself ... don't know if I'll get blue or pink. Hehehe!

Keep on posting, love reading all your baby preps kwento. :)

Faye said...

ang bilis lumaki ng tummy mo sis :) Hope you will have a safe delivery

Gracie said...

hi jacqui,
thansk, friend! super excited na ko, especially when i think about how soon i can deliver. lapit na! super busy talaga at home. i wish i can just relax a bit before D-Day.
i'm sure once you find out the gender of your baby, mega-shopping ka rin. abangan ko mga loots mo ha!
take care!

Gracie said...

hi faye,
oo nga eh...parang kailan lang, di ba? i pray na ikaw naman ang sumunod :) take care!