Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Waiting Game

Now that I've passed my 38th week, officially, the waiting game has begun. Truth be told, I am getting antsier by the day. I’m sure all Moms-to-be could relate to me. I never thought I’d come to this stage where I am literally doing a countdown to the most likely day the much-awaited baby of ours will come and see us.

I suppose the best thing I can do to shake off this feeling is to keep myself preoccupied. I will just go on with the walking exercises at the malls after work, and take some time to go back to reading. I've been banned by my Mom to do some housework, especially in the kitchen as I am causing mayhem every time I step foot in my once favorite place at home to move about. The only chores I can do without being very clumsy are doing the laundry care of the trusty washing machine, and ironing clothes one small pile at a time.

A lot are telling me to savor the last few days of carrying this baby bump as I might miss it once I’ve delivered. knowing myself, I guess I just might. You see, I’ve gotten so used to having someone move about inside my belly. When he comes out, I'd then have to share him with everybody else *selfish…haha!!*.

Ok, note to self: be patient and just enjoy each day as it comes. Baby D will arrive at the perfect time. Who knows, maybe he might end up sharing birthdays with Lolo Papa. Now that would make my FIL real happy, too.

8 comments:

cheche said...

it's true. You'll miss ur bump! I sometimes catch myself looking at old preggy photos and marvel at how i used to carry my bb in my tummy. Bb d will come in his own time. Rest well, u wont sleep the same way again! Hope u have a safe delivery =D

Gracie said...

hi che,
thanks dear! well, i guess i'll just have to wait na lang talaga. and yes, i'm getting ample rest everyday 'cos a lot of Moms are warning me that i'd miss sleep once baby's out.

julliefer said...

hi gracie. read to your heart's contents muna. you'll miss doing that once baby D comes out. enjoy the rest of the hump days. :)

shelly said...

goodluck with the contractions gracie :) i hope you have a swift, smooth and safe (normal) delivery. yes, get loads of shuteye coz the first 2 weeks will be very difficult (no sleep, engorged breast, baby blues and what not). enjoy your bump and his last kicks. you'll definitely miss being pregnant. i still do after 2 1/2 years (OA) hahaha. take care =))))

Gracie said...

hi pheng,
oo nga eh. i guess i'll have to do that now while i still have time. and i'm savoring the rest of the days na nasa tummy ko pa si Baby. i'm sure i'll miss him there when he's out.

Gracie said...

hi shelly,
thank you so much! i really pray na easy delivery nga. even talked to the LO about it :) ok, i'll keep myself rested from hereon. i'm sure when he's out, zombie mode na ako! :)

Ozzy's Mom said...

oh gosh anytime now na talaga :) just keep walking just keep walking ehehehe

Eper said...

I agree w/ Cheche, get as much sleep as you can because when the baby comes, you'll be waking up every hour just to check on him to see if he's still breathing (at least that's what I do!) :)