Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Proud To Call This My Day

This is my first official mother’s day and I'm so excited!  I dressed up for this very special occasion because my boys are taking me to dinner tonight. Can’t wait!

Motherhood has indeed changed me into a completely different person.  They say that when a child is born, a mother is also born.  And I am so thankful I was given a chance to experience this beautiful journey.  I cannot thank enough the One from upstairs who gave me the privilege to carry a child and bring him into this world.  Mommyhood is the best thing that’s ever happened to me!

To all my fellow Moms out there, here’s a special shout-out to you:




Let us not forget to close our eyes to express our thanks for the blessings we receive.  And please also say a silent prayer for the suffering mothers who may not be celebrating this day with enthusiasm and ardor as we do -- mothers who have lost a child, mothers who are separated from their children, mothers who are emotionally and physically shattered brought about by war, mothers who have children afflicted with terminal illnesses, and mothers who are forgotten by their children.  They may not be feeling the kind of “happy mother’s day” we are feeling right now, but they are mothers, too, and they do deserve to be remembered on this special day, as well.

Mothers, may we all enjoy this day to the fullest! God bless us all.


9 comments:

newlyweds said...

happy mother's day! : )

Jacqui said...

hi gracie,

belated happy mother's day!

Anonymous said...

happy mother's day, sis!

Unknown said...

Belated Happy Mother's Day Gracie!

Finally I was able to visit blogs in blogger.

Gracie said...

hi newlyweds - thank you!

Gracie said...

hi jacqui,

belated happy mother's day to you, too! love your new bags!

Gracie said...

hi maqui,
happy mother's day to you, too! taga-elbi ka pala? hubby & i spent wonderful college years there :)

Gracie said...

hi joanne,
thanks for the greeting, sis! hugs!

Mich said...

Hello Gracie,

I hope you had a great mother's day :)